CJ standard specification cylinder head rebuild
Basic specs and price guide
Team CJ 6 cyl Jaguar standard specification cylinder head rebuilds, from $5,000
cylinder head rebuilds are finished to highest concours standards
A Team CJ standard specification cylinder head rebuild actually features a number of performance and reliability upgrades over a true OEM spec head rebuild.
- The cylinder head is completely disassembled, media blasted, pressure tested and measured for straightness.
- Warped heads are straightened in a special oven on a straightening fixture. Head straightening is billed on a time and materials basis, at the prevailing shop rate.
- The alignment of all cam saddles is checked and corrected on the align hone machine, as needed. A cam cap align hone typically adds around $500 to the cost of an engine rebuild.
- Any corroded areas (particularly around the water jackets in the deck) are ground back, welded, machined and gasket matched. This type of repair is billed on a time and materials basis, at the prevailing shop labor rate.
- New custom CJ valve seats are installed as a matter of course, along with new springs, custom CJ magnesium bronze valve guides and custom CJ stainless steel valves.
- Tappet guides and tappets are checked for wear and replaced as needed.
- Earlier heads are updated to receive valve seals (intake only), and all heads have a tappet hold down kit installed on the exhaust side.
- All CJ cylinder head rebuilds are finished to the highest concours standards.
Warranty for a standard specification CJ engine rebuild is 36 months with unlimited miles.
Surfacing the deck of a Jaguar cylinder head in the CJ machine shop